Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How I made my millions

I saw a show the other night called "how I made my millions". I thought it was pretty interesting. It's basically a show with stories from different millionaires and how they got rich. I noticed a lot of the stories had to do with entrepreneurs.
One I appreciated the most was about Rocky Patel. He was a guy who had a passion that no one else saw. His own family did not approve of his dream. He wanted to own his own cigar company. The lack of support not only didn't phase him, but it pushed him even more.
He spent all of his money and savings on creating his own cigar. Eventually, he partnered up with a factory in Honduras.
My favorite part of the story is how he got his company going. He did direct sales and marketing. Rocky literally went business to business to meet with cigar shop owners and promote his product. He knew face to face was the best way to get to know his customers on a personal level. He reached out in a way that no other company would try. His family still thought he was crazy.
Now Rocky Patel is a millionaire and one of the few people in this world to have a cigar named after him. His hard work and determination paid off. I thought it was very inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment