Thursday, December 22, 2011

Add more years to your life!

I saw a sales meeting about a year ago that I presented again in my own office. The manager that originally ran the meeting read the information in a magazine.
It was how to extend your life by about 10 years. Obviously a title that catches your attention. To sum it up, these were the points:

Think positive: Potential Longevity Gain: 10 years
Quit Smoking: Potential Longevity Gain: 10 years
Diet/Manage Your Weight: Potential Longevity Gain: 6 to 7 years
Reduce Stress/Lower Blood Pressure: Potential Longevity Gain: 5 years
Exercise: Potential Longevity Gain: 1.3 to 3.7 years

I found it extremely interesting that thinking positive alone can increase your life by 10 years. That would most likely reduce stress in return, which would increase your life by another 5 years. So that's 15 extra YEARS of your life that you get for being more positive and relaxed! Seems like two great things to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment