With the holidays approaching stress can be at an all time high. Life gets crazy regardless and we have to be aware of when we are pushing ourselves too far. Recognize when your at at good level of stress (cause hey, its healthy to challenge our brains) or if your overdoing it before you get sick. Your working memory can only hold seven pieces of information. Dump out your brain, get everything onto paper, and prioritize whats important to you. Choose to do a few things each day instead of bogging yourself down for a whole day or weekend. Take time to pause! Know what's important to you and make time for it. (If you have to ponder whats important to you, its time to stop and think about your core values). Everyone deserves to have leisure time, so don't feel guilty when you do. Go ahead have some fun!
Saturday, November 29, 2014
Saturday, November 15, 2014
A goal can seem daunting if you focus only on the end results, so break down the goal into more achievable milestones. Hitting smaller goals along the way is much more motivating. Pick a date and commit to it! Having something specific makes your goal more concrete. Make a visual of your goal to focus on, it will them become more powerful. Tell everyone about your goal! It makes you more accountable and your loved ones will help you work towards it. Set realistic yet challenging goals. Get scared, shoot for something big.
Saturday, November 1, 2014
1. Do things now! Do the things that people don't want to do because they seem hard. You'll be able to do things later that others can't.
2. Make decisions but never when you are emotional. Before you make a decision think if its coming from an emotional standpoint. If its, table it and come back to it.
3. Why. Always know it! When you know the why you can endure the how.
4. Be very careful who you get advice from. You wouldn't take financial advice from a person who just claimed bankruptcy so make sure the person you are taking business advice from is qualified to give it.
5. It's not easy. If it was easy to be successful everyone would be so new flash its hard work.