Happy Memorial Day! It’s the official kick off of summer which means nice weather, barbeques, and feeling anxious at work due to the former. In order to get the most out of your summer you need to attack work with a plan to be more productive and get the most out of this time of year.
1. Start your morning early – kick start your morning with an outdoor activity
2. Make a progress map – print out a monthly calendar and add your goals and action plans to it
3. Start your day strong – prioritize your to do list, some of those emails can probably wait
4. Adopt a two minute rule – if you can address an email in two minutes do it! You take longer thinking about the response while doing other tasks
5. Know when you need a break – a quick break goes a long way mentally
6. Build a rhythm – identify the time of day you begin to procrastinate, during that time close out all distractions and set a time for 20 minutes to focus on one task
7. Give yourself an out – if you have something planned at the end of the day you will push harder at work to make sure you can leave at a certain time